Bicycle trailer BRAVE with NOMAD Premium panniers 60L
The compact frame made of thin-walled steel tubes ensures maximum rigidity and is suitable for carrying even large, heavy loads. It also provides safety at the ends of the world – in the event of damage, even the local locksmith in the smallest desert village can weld it back. In the new version of Extrawheel, we accept no compromises. This is why Brave has an unusually important and unique feature. For the first time in the history of world bicycle trekking, a full sized front or back wheel can be fitted in the trailer, serving as a vital spare while travelling. The frame has a designer mudguard fitted, which not only makes the trailer look better, but also effectively protects baggage against spraying gravel and sand. The aesthetic whole is complemented by a durable warning flag with the Extrawheel logo.
Another new feature of the frame structure are the replaceable abrasive hinges on the drawbar for fastening the fork connecting the trailer to the bike. In the event of accidental mechanical damage far from civilisation, you can be replace these quickly by yourself. Brave is designed as standard to fit two 50 litre transport bags created specially for it. Due to this high capacity, there are three KlickFix joints on the reinforced back of the bag, which fit the technical clamps on the frame. The bags are made of cordura with glued stitches, ensuring durability and watertightness They are available in few versions. The first Nomad panniers, second (Drifter), shuts in the traditional way by rolling the excess material three times, and (Drifter Zipp) is shut with a Tizip brand lock, which is completely waterproof and sandproof (as used in diving suits).
The technical clamps on the frame of the trailer are also useful for carrying disorganised loads that could easily be attached to the frame with ordinary straps.
The Brave bicycle trailer is offered with a decent quality front wheel as standard. You can buy it without a wheel, though, and it is no problem to fit your own front or back wheel.
The frame has been redesigned to greatly increase its firmness, significantly improving the traction and balance of the trailer when in motion. And if that is not enough good news, we have also changed the fork connecting the Extrawheel to the bicycle. It is more massive and rigid, it prevents vibrations and perfectly maintains the trajectory, keeping a single, consistent track with the bicycle. The idea behind Extrawheel, the world’s only off road trailer, is: “wherever a bike can go, Extrawheel can go too”. We supply a stainless steel quick release device as part of the set, but you can alternatively order screws, also made of stainless steel. The trailer is prepared to attach a rear wheel with a 135 mm hub as standard . The set also includes spacer sleeves for fitting a front wheel.
It is possible to maintain the highest quality standard because the production processes on CNC machines have been automated, ensuring complete repeatability of the parameters assumed for each element. Manufactured in Poland.
- Eye-catching design
- A very rigid frame improving traction and allowing up to 100 litres of baggage to be carried.
- Spare wheel function – a front or rear wheel can be fitted.
- The trailer is prepared for a rear wheel with a 135 mm hub as standard.
- The set includes spacer sleeves for fitting a front wheel.
- Designer mudguard
- Warning flag with the Extrawheel logo
- Spare hinges on the drawbar
- The set includes two 2×30 litres waterproof Cordura bags
- A new, more rigid Fastening Fork
- Includes a quick release Standard size
- Nuts for full axis and Thru Axle axis available in separately purchase
- A good quality front wheel as standard (available without wheel too)
- This is the only bicycle trailer on the market adapted to off road cycling
- Its small size makes it easy to transport (especially by plane)
- It can carry up to 35 kg
- Suitable for every type of bicycle (recumbent, racing bikes, MTB, tandems and with full suspension)
- Less strain on the bike than with traditional panniers
- Increases safety by attracting drivers’ attention
- Improves stability by lowering the centre of gravity
- On steep inclines, it holds the bike’s front wheel to the ground better
- Increases the lifetime of the bicycle’s rear wheel (less encumbrance than a bicycle with panniers)
- Reduces resistance when riding on sand compared to a bicycle with panniers (third wheel)
- Makes mounting and dismounting easier; the heels do not catch on the panniers while riding
- Fast assembly – fits onto the bicycle instantly
- Manoeuvrability – its short length makes manoeuvring and turning easier
- Front wheel as standard components: 26×2.1″ Schwalbe Smart Sam tire, 28×1,75″Schwalbe Land Cruiser PLUS tire, 29×2.1″ Schwalbe Smart Same tire, Shimano axle, rim capsolute Riedel, 32 spokes Sapim Leader stainless steel, Schwalbe tube,
- Available without wheel too
- The frame is fit front and rear wheel max. up to 29×2.6″
- Material bicycle trailer: Thin-walled steel, stainless steel, plastic
- Material bag: Cordura Made in Germany – an extremely strong material. Tarpaulin 680g/m Made in Germany in the back of the pannier makes it resistant and easy to keep clean. Both of the fabrics are produced in Germany
- The set includes spacer sleeves for a front wheel
- Length of trailer: 85cm
- Length of trailer with fork: 128 cm
- Weight of frame with mudguard: 2,5kg
- Weight of wheel: 2kg
- Weight of fork: 1,2kg
- Weight of quick release device: 120g
- Weight of Nomad panniers 60L closing with rolling: 2,5kg
- Length of Extrawheel flag: 70cm
- Made in Poland
- Reliability – 5 year warranty!